Wednesday, March 10, 2010

COUNTING DOWN.......

There is aTom Petty song that says, " The waiting is the hardest part, every day you see one more card, you take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waiting is the hardest part..." Some of us a re living this song...each & every day.

The process of anticipating anything comes to us from the earliest ages. We are told things like, "Your Birthday is only a few months away...Christmas is coming and will be here before you know it...." It seems our whole childhood is spent anticipating the next big event, the next big surprise, the next time you can go out with your friends. Then as we get older, we develop a different outlook and become a little more accepting of the issue between where you are and when you will get where you need to be....like only 2 more years until I can pay off the car, 1 more year of college until I get my degree, etc. etc.

Here, I am on the deployment R&R countdown as I am looking forward to going on my R&R back home. I am getting short as I am closing in on a little more than a month and it is the kind of anticipation that just gets me excited. Soon, I will be able to be home and see all my friends and family...It will be wondrous and over all too soon...

That is the other side of this issue - Once we get there, (to the thing we need, want, desire) it will be over entirely too soon...UGH!

Well the process is not entirely what we would want BUT it is part of life. For now, I will go with the flow and hope the days go by faster while I'm waiting and slow to a crawl when I get home.

It will be a time to remember, savor and enjoy until the next one.....

No comments: