Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bitten by the Bug....

I have to admit that I am a serious afinciado of classic cars - OLD STEEL is the best.....new cars are all whiz-bang and such, but I prefer the tried & true older cars that don't need a computer to drive down the road....The classic cars were simpler - If it has fuel, air & a spark, it's going to run.

That's why I LOVE my 1963 Willys Jeep...it is a vestige from a simpler time when automobiles were "just automobiles" and not these computerized pieces of junk that the auto makers are trying to foist on us....
Back to my recent affliction - I have been bitten by the " Bug ". I purchased a 1966 VW Beetle for restoration....I owned a 1969 VW Karmann Ghia when I was in college back in the day, and it was a lot of fun to drive....so I guess it is something that I have had for some time....

The VW that I purchased is in waiting for her restoration and is a classic Beetle, with all the panache' that a 44 year old classic could be expected to have, especially the metal dashboard, and classic Beetle shape. I'll be trying to figure out what she needs and then going from there....one thing is for sure, this WON'T be a hippie vehicle - no "foot-print-of-the-great-American-Chicken" a.k.a. The Peace Symbol on this classic VW.....I'm looking to paint her up with a unique design which will be fitting of her restored status.

Enclosed is a clever VW ad from the past. Pictures of the soon-to-be-restored VW will be posted at a later date when I am able to make her presentable.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
cash for cars launceston
car buyer hobart

Hazel Donovan said...

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
cash for cars gympie
car removal gympie

Krystal Nielson said...

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
best cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars brisbane

Cash 4 Cars Victoria said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
Cash for Cars Euroa
Scrap Cars Euroa