Wednesday, July 28, 2010

State & Local Government HACKS facing deep cuts....long overdue


State & Local governments have been rife with "HACKS", i.e. public servants who are dead-wood but once they get in a job there, are all but guaranteed employment & benefits for life, all on the taxpayer's dime....They are the same as "Welfare Queens" only they are on the dole because once they are employed, it is virtually impossible for them to be fired....short of committing a crime. The cost to the tax-payers for this ineffective model of employment is high and has been welded in place by the unions. The cost that these HACKS will bring for their "life-time everything" is a major reason why we are in such dire financial straits in our towns, cities and states...

Well it seems as even the HACKS are becoming victims of the new economy....the WAPO reports that the cuts are coming and they are reaching even those who thought that because they worked for the town and/or state, they were set for life......guess again, fat-arse public servant....

From the WAPO;

" Local governments across the country are facing an intensifying fiscal crisis that is forcing them to make deep cuts in personnel and services just as more hard-pressed residents are seeking their help, according to a report released Tuesday.

These cities and counties -- which have cut jobs significantly since the start of the downturn -- could slash as many as 500,000 more jobs over the current and coming fiscal years. The cuts would affect schools, public safety, libraries, trash collection and social services, according to survey released jointly by the National League of Cities, the National Association of Counties and U.S. Conference of Mayors.

Combined with the fiscal stress confronting state governments -- which face a combined budget deficit of $89 billion this year -- the crisis faced by counties and cities hampers the struggling economic recovery, analysts have said.
"

It seems that the people are finally on par with Howard Beale from the 1976 movie "Network" and finally making "real change" to those who have been taking a ride-for-life on the taxpayer's dime for too long....To quote Mr. Beale and his famous words of outrage:

Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.
We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.

[shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,

[shouting] 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

Time to clean house, end life-time rides for the HACKS and bring back sanity to our State & Local Government.

No comments: