Friday, April 8, 2011

"Always on the move".....Leadership and why those in charge are failing epicly on the basics

My favorite character in Star Wars has always been Obi Wan Kenobi. His honor and dedication to duty were signs of his leadership ability. I strive to model what I do in line with those who demonstrate true leadership, unlike those who say they are Leaders but only pay it lip service. At one point when Obi Wan and Annikan are in the middle of a battle, Obi Wan remarks that things constantly change by making the off the cuff statement, " Always on the move.." - Such is my present status and that will keep things interesting as usual.


We are beset by those who are supposed to be Leaders (Our present Poltical, Business and others in supposed leadership positions fail the basics of that task). We need Leadership but are given a series of "Empty Suits" who are only capable of daily demonstration of their inability to handle the tasks that should be prerequisite for their positions. There are exceptions, and I have made note of those who do meet the requirements, but sadly they are few and far between.


I'll be off-line for the next 5-6 days as I will be attending a training evolution that will take me "off the grid". This will make it impossible for me to post a dailly missive. It pains me to not be able to write a few notes here but it is part of the deal.

Hopefully, by late next week, when I get back from this small diversion, the news out of Washington DC will be better and those charged with managing the business of our country will stop the political games and get down to the business of taking care of our country.

In the meantime, I want to post this questions and I invite you to comment - " How can the troops be on the list of government groups that will not get paid in the course of a shutdown???? If they don't rate the title of "essential services", who does??" and the follow-up statement that if any of the 535 Elected officials have any honor or integrity, they should refuse to accept any salary until the Troops get paid FIRST.


There it is, plain & simple - LEADERSHIP Law #1 is " Take care of the Troops as they take care of the mission." - It doesn't matter if you are in the military or running your own business, large or small, you need to take care of your people FIRST. To do otherwise is a failure of leadership.

So please comment as I am interested in what you think. Obviously, those is our Federal, State & Local governments don't get this basic principle. They have FAILED EPICLY. That is why we are in this mess at present.

Hailing frequencies are open.....I'll get back to you when I am back on the grid next week.

You have my thanks for reading and I'll be interested in reading your opinions on what you think is right and/or wrong with our so-called Leaders.

No comments: