Monday, February 11, 2013

Vacation update

Enjoying the time at home, weather be damned.  We went from white & snowy to wet & sloppy today.  Such is weather here in Massachusetts in the winter.

DPW crews plowed the roads and as expected with all town government services, the job was done half-assed and cost three times more than we should have paid for it.  It looks like Stevie Wonder was the guy plowing the roads hereabouts.  If the idea was to clean the crap off the road surface, I'd say the guy who runs our DPW needs some new plow drivers.

Got to visit my Dad on the Cape and that was the very best part of the day today.  He's doing well for reaching 84 and that makes me glad.  His health and welfare while I am overseas is my greatest concern.  I'm not worried about things in Afghanistan, just that my Dad stays healthy.

All for now.  Time on vacation passes quickly and will soon be done.  Time and tide waits for no man.

No comments: