Sunday, February 17, 2013

Where does the time go?

Lewis Black is one of my favorite comedians....he channels the "angry man" shtick just right.  He talks about getting old and says he doesn't care about the physical effects, you know you are getting older because "Time moves really fast.". He goes on how summer seem to last three days and one of those was the 4th of July, and he didn't get to have a BBQ.

I feel his pain.  Here it is on the day before I get to fly back to the sandbox and as usual, I am in the same place saying, " Where did the time I had at home go???"

Things went well.  I got to visit my Dad and with friends.  I got to do some of the things I wanted to do.  As usual, I would love to have about three more days but that would still be how I feel even after three weeks.

I am glad to get back to the job as the work we are doing is important and is making a big difference for many in Afghanistan.  The next break will be during the late Spring and that will mean I won't have to deal with SNOW.

More updates from the Sandbox once I arrive.  The news lately shows that the POLS in WASH DC are still taking our country in the wrong direction and that the failed President will never wake up to reality. Some things never change.  Hope things stay well for all here at home.  Those who are in the sandbox with me, including our finest citizens, your military men & women, are doing an incredible job each and every day.  I like that I can be there in support of them.

All for now.....more from the other side of the pond.

No comments: