Friday, May 3, 2013

Middleboro Jones will be leaving Kandahar once again - This time, likely for good.

Katanga meets Middleboro Jones, who is dirty and injured from his travels around Afghanistan)
Katanga: Mr. Jones! I've heard a lot about you, sir. Your appearance is exactly the way I imagined


After traveling around Afghanistan, I know how my counterpart, Indiana feels.....


The way things fall in place are both amazing and a never-ending mystery.....


I wound up in Afghanistan the first time in 2009 due to the down economy and a lay off......I was lucky to find a good company that has provided a great place to work, great people and very positive leadership. I couldn't be happier except for the aspect of wakiing up 7500 miles away from my home.....that part was NOT something I could ever be happy with.....'
 
Now after three runs through Afghanistan, the countdown for my departure as begun again.  I have approximately 17 days in country departing towards the end of May.  The game has changed here and the show is closing down.  There will be some work here, but not like it was during the hey days of 2009 - 2011.


So Middleboro Jones has managed to work his way out of trouble again....not real trouble mind you, the trouble of waking up 7500 miles away from home......


I will be "escaping" Kandahar and the whole Afghanistan AOR by the end of the month.....


I will miss my coworkers and the company BUT I will not miss waking up in Afghanistan....Thank You very much.....


As for plans, my plan is to head home and to spend the summer enjoying life in Massachusetts.  I have not been home for a summer since 2009 and I plan on enjoying all that it holds for BBQs, Time on the Beach and especially time with family & friends.
 
As for the rest....It's just like the scene where the Nazis are trying to take the Ark away from Tannis.....


(As Indy, Marion and Sallah watch the Nazis loading the Ark of the Covenant onto a large truck)


Indiana: Meet me at Omar's. Be ready for me. I'm going after that truck.


Sallah: How?


Indiana: I don't know, I'm making this up as I go
 
Roger that.
 
 

No comments: